Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s theme is ten authors I really want to meet. I had a problem with this because most of my favourite authors are dead so I decided to go for five authors I’d like to meet instead of ten.
- China Miéville – I got into his books a few years ago and they’re absolutely fascinating. I would have so many questions to ask him about his writing. I’d probably forget them all if I had the chance to meet him though.
- Maxine Hong Kingston – I adore The Woman Warrior and according to one of my lecturers (who has met her) she’s a very lovely woman.
- Gillian Flynn – Gone Girl is one of the best books I’ve read this year (so far).
- Louise Erdrich – Her writing is just wow. Fleur is one of the most interesting short stories I’ve ever read and I’d really love to read more of her work. She’s a really interesting Native American writer.
- J. K. Rowling – Mainly so I could ask her to leave the Harry Potter series alone and stop adding new bits of information to the stories. But also to tell her how much I love the Harry Potter books.
That’s it for my first Top Ten Tuesday. I only made it to five but if I could have I would have included Oscar Wilde, William Shakespeare, Christopher Marlowe, H. G. Wells, and Bram Stoker but they’re all dead.
This was fun so I’ll probably take part in Top Ten Tuesday again next week.