Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by The Broke and The Bookish.
The week is: Ten Books I Plan To Have In My Beach Bag This Summer or Ten Books I Think Make Great Beach Reads. There’s a mixture of prose and poetry in the list because I love poetry.
- Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke
- Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters
- The Return of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett
- The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
- Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
- The Eve of St Agnes by John Keats
- Killing Floor by Lee Child
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
These aren’t what you’d necessarily class as ‘beach reads’ but they are what I’ll be reading on the beach (or in the garden) this year. What do you think?