Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week is: Top Ten Books I’d Love To See As Movies/TV Shows. I’ve been lucky enough that some on my favourite books such as the Dexter series by Jeff Lindsay and the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin have already been made into TV shows. This one might be tough.
- Herland by Charlotte Perkins Gilman – This book would make such an interesting film.
- The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks – Such an interesting book. It would be interesting to see how it played out on screen.
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley – This one could be strange but dystopian films are very in at the moment.
- 1984 by George Orwell – I think that this would make an amazing film in the 21st century.
- Northern Lights by Philip Pullman – I refuse to accept that The Golden Compass is an adaptation of this book.
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer – I read this as a child (preteen) and it would be nice to see it as a film.
- The Twits by Roald Dahl – Another book from my childhood that I’d like to see on the big screen. Maybe as a stop motion film or something like that.
- The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett – The whole Tiffany Aching series would make a great film series.
- Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman – I know that Supernatural borrows certain aspects of this book but I would like to see a proper adaptation of it.
- The Time Machine by H. G. Wells – The War of the Worlds was made into a film in 2005 so I think this should be made into a film too.
Any books that you’d like to be turned into a film or TV show? Let me know!
(I’m skipping next week’s Top Ten Tuesday as I’m going to be doing a different meme instead. I think I’ll turn Top Ten Tuesday into a fortnightly/every-other-week meme from now on.)