Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week is: Top Ten Books I’ve Read So Far In 2015. I’ve read some fab books so far this year but most of the books I’ve read were academic/literary theory. I’m going to include those books too because some of them were very interesting.
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
- The Woman Warrior by Maxine Hong Kingston
- Fiesta: The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
- Shakespeare’s Festive Comedy by C. L. Barber – This is an academic book about Shakespearean comedies. It’s one of the best books I’ve read on the subject.
- Hamlet in Purgatory by Stephen Greenblatt – This is a essay about Shakespeare’s Hamlet.
- Close Range: Brokeback Mountain and Other Stories by Annie Proulx
- The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan – I haven’t completed this book yet but it is already one of the best books I’ve read this year.
- The Return of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
I’ve included two academic/critical books in this list because they are two of the most interesting books I’ve read this year. I only made it to nine books but what are the top ten books you’ve read so far this year?
(Book titles link to their Amazon UK page)