Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic is: Top Ten Hyped Books I’ve Never Read. It was difficult to narrow it down to just 10 books because there are a lot of hyped books that I haven’t read and have no interest in reading.
- Divergent (and its sequels) by Veronica Roth – Many of my friends have read this series and they urge me to read it too. I just don’t like the sound of it.
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins – It just doesn’t seem like a book I’d like. I might give this one a go though.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett – I had a tutor at university who adored this book and she recommended it to us every week but I haven’t read it.
- Paper Towns by John Green – I own this book. I will never read it. I should probably sell my copy along with my copies of his other books.
- The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown – I’ve just never been interested in reading this.
- Grey by E. L. James – I read Fifty Shades of Grey, skipped the second book, and read the last chapter of the third book. I don’t want to read the same book from a different point of view. Especially when it was so bad the first time.
- City of Bones (and its many sequels) by Cassandra Clare – I have problems with Cassandra Clare’s writing which means that I won’t go near these books.
- Us by David Nicholls – This book is being read by book clubs everywhere. It just seems like a really boring book.
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – I do want to read this one but I honestly don’t think I will.
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell – I’ve read the synopsis and read reviews but this doesn’t seem like my kind of book.
Which hyped books have you never read?