Thank you to Kirsty from Kirsty Reads for nominating me! I like this award because it gives you an opportunity to find new blogs, promote your favourite blogs, and find out a little bit more about the people you follow. There are a few rules though:
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- Thank and link to the nominated blog
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they have been nominated
- Write a post containing the questions
- Include these rules in the post
I’ve already completed this once recently so I’m not going to be able to tag 10 new blogs. I’ll try my best though.
So here are the 10 questions that Kirsty has provided:
1. What is your favourite book ever and why?
- My favourite book is 1984 by George Orwell. It was one of the first books I read as a teenager and I fell in love with it straight away. I love the characters and the plot. I love how easy it is to relate to this book in the 21st century. I love that it inspired a song by Muse. My love of dystopian novels stems from this book and I’m so glad I read it.
2. If you’ve read Harry Potter, do you prefer the books or the movies?
- I prefer the books. I love the movies but I prefer the amount of detail that the book gives about the characters. I prefer the characters of Harry, Ron, and Draco in the books. In the movies Hermoine is given all of Ron’s best lines and Draco’s intelligence and creativity is cut out of the films almost entirely. I definitely prefer the books.
3. What is your dream pet?
- I don’t know. I like the idea of pets in theory but I don’t like the idea of actually owning a pet. If I could pick any animal I would have to choose a sloth. They’re my favourite animal and a sloth would be easy to take care of.
4. One place that makes you happy?
- Being at home makes me happy. Italy is another place that makes me happy.
5. What is your biggest fear?
- Failure. I think this is because I rarely put any effort in to my academic career (I should change that) so I’m always scared I’m going to fail.
6. Least favourite book and why?
- The Vampire Diaries are my least favourite books. I got to a point in the series where I honestly didn’t have a clue what was going on. I just couldn’t continue reading. (Apologies to anyone who likes them!)
7. What is your dream vacation?
- Hawaii or Iceland. I’d love to see the Northern Lights in Iceland and I’d love to go hiking and surfing in Hawaii.
8. Do you play any instruments? If so, what do you play?
- I used to play piano. According to one of my singing teachers my voice is an instrument too but I don’t know if I agree with that.
9. Do you believe what your horoscope says?
- No. I think they’re often very vague so that they can apply to anyone.
10. What was the book that made you fall in love with reading?
My questions are:
- Who is your favourite author?
- Do you prefer physical books or e-books?
- What is your favourite book series? Why?
- Dream holiday?
- Do you prefer to read during the day or at night?
- Do you have a favourite non-fiction book? If so, what is it?
- A book that you never finished?
- Do you have a favourite type of food? (e.g. Italian, Indian, etc.)
- What is your favourite animal?
- What is your least favourite book?
I’m tagging: Anyone who wants to take part because I’m not sure who has already done this. Just send me a link if you answer the questions!