Harry Potter Moment of the Week is a meme hosted by Uncorked Thoughts and Lunar Rainbows. The idea is to get Harry Potter fans together and discuss our favorite things about the series; be it a favorite moment, character, magical item, spell, quote or object from the books, films or J.K Rowling herself.
This week is: Which books would you recommend to Draco?
This is a great question!
I’d recommend Draco so many different types of books from regency novels about willful heroines to modern day thrillers. I’d also make him read the Harry Potter books because I think it would be hilarious to find out his thoughts on them.
Here are some of the books I’d force Draco to read:
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde – This is a classic book that I think Draco would enjoy. It’s about aristocracy so he would identify with that.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen – I think he’d enjoy the social aspects of this novel because it’s very similar to his own lifestyle.
- The Shining by Stephen King – I think Draco would appreciate a good horror book.
- Frankenstein: Or, the Modern Prometheus by Mary Shelley – Another classic.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J. K. Rowling – Like I said, it would be hilarious.
- 1984 by George Orwell – Mainly because it’s one of my favourite books.
- The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien – Do I need to explain this one? I’d recommend it to anyone.
- Northern Lights by Philip Pullman – This book explores some fascinating ideas.
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick – Another favourite of mine.
- Matilda by Roald Dahl – I don’t think you can go through life without reading at least one Roald Dahl book and Matilda is about magic so it’s a perfect fit for Draco.
These are some of my favourite books and I’d enjoy forcing Draco to read them.