Thank you to The Literary Counsellor for nominating me! I like this award because it gives you an opportunity to find new blogs, promote your favourite blogs, and find out a little bit more about the people you follow. There are a few rules though:
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- Thank and link to the nominated blog
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they have been nominated
- Write a post containing the questions
- Include these rules in the post
I’ve already completed this twice but I’m happy to do it again!
The Questions from The Literary Counsellor:
What made you want to start blogging?
- I wanted a place to write down my thoughts about the books I was reading at university.
What was your favourite book as a child?
- When I was very young (about 2 years old or something) I used to love the Spot the Dog books, I made my mum read them to me all the time and my mum taught me to read using these books. When I was an older child (around 8 or 9 years old) my favourite book as a child was probably The BFG by Roald Dahl.
If you could recommend only one book for me to read, what would it be?
- 1984 by George Orwell. It’s my favourite book so that’s what I’d have to recommend.
What and where is your favourite book store, and why?
- I don’t have one. Mainly because there aren’t many book shops near where I live, just the big chain stores like Waterstones and W H Smiths.
What hobbies do you have other than reading?
- I love video games. I also love dancing, mainly ballet and tap.
If you could have one magical/mythical animal as a pet, what would it be?
- I’d choose a phoenix. They’re a symbol of rebirth and they’re immortal which is really cool.
How do you decide if you want to read a book or not?
- I normally read the blurb and if it interests me then I’ll read it. I’ll occasionally buy the books recommended to me on amazon or by other people too.
You inherited a bookstore (Congratulations!) but you have to change the name. What do you call it?
- Oh no. This is such a bad question for me. I’m terrible at stuff like this. I’d call it something generic like The Book Nook.
What was your least favourite book to read in school and why?
- I hated reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I do like the book now but it was awful to read when I was at school.
If you could visit Hogwarts (the fictional version) or Narnia, but not both, which would you choose and why?
- I think I’d choose Hogwarts because I grew up with Harry Potter more than I did with the Narnia books.
- Which book did you most enjoy reading at school?
- A language you’d like to learn?
- Which book are you most looking forward to reading this year?
- Which author (dead or alive) would you most like to meet?
- What is your favourite animal?
- What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod?
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
- Which book character would you like as your best friend?
- Books or film/TV adaptations?
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
My nominations: I’m nominating anyone who wants to do it. This is my third time doing this award so I don’t know who to nominate anymore.
Please send me a link if you decide to take part and use these questions!