Harry Potter Moment of the Week is a meme hosted by Uncorked Thoughts and Lunar Rainbows. The idea is to get Harry Potter fans together and discuss our favorite things about the series; be it a favorite moment, character, magical item, spell, quote or object from the books, films or J.K Rowling herself.
This week is: Favourite quote from Philosopher’s Stone?
My favourite quote is probably ‘I’m Hermione Granger, and you are?’. I just think it’s a great line. I love Hermione in the first book and I think her introduction is great.
Some of my other favourites are:
- ‘I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even put a stopper on death…’
- ‘Alas! Earwax!’
- ‘I believe your friends Misters Fred and George Weasley were responsible for trying to send you a toilet seat. No doubt they thought it would amuse you.’
- ‘Oh, honestly, don’t you two read?’
- ‘Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid, fat rat yellow.’
- ‘Longbottom, if brains were gold, you’d be poorer than Weasley, and that’s saying something.’ (I love a good Draco line.)
What are your favourite quotes from the first Harry Potter book?