September is officially over so I thought I’d do my first ever monthly ‘wrap up’. I’m looking forward to October though and I plan to read a lot more.
I got back from my holiday in Italy on the 1st of September and for the rest of the month I was preparing for university.
From the 16th to the 17th of September my best friend stayed at my house and we watched loads of Disney films. It was super nice to see her before I started university again because I probably won’t see her until our graduation ceremony in November now. Sob.
On the 23rd of September I had my departmental meeting at the University of Sheffield where I met two of the tutors that I’ll be working with in the autumn semester. I also used that day to explore Sheffield a bit. On the 25th of September I officially became a Sheffield University student (I have the student card to prove it).
I spent the rest of September attempting to do all of the reading for my first classes. I didn’t get it all done but I did read about 90% of what had been set.
Books I’ve bought:
- Die Trying by Lee Child
- Tripwire by Lee Child
- The Girl in the Spider’s Web by David Lagercrantz
- The Shepherd’s Crown by Terry Pratchett
- The Spanish Tragedy by Thomas Kyd
I didn’t buy too many books in September because I was trying to save some money before university. However, I’m hoping to buy more in October because I’ve been paid the first installment of my scholarship money. Yay!
Books I’ve read:
- The Kane Chronicles: The Throne of Fire by Rick Riodran
- Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
I can’t believe I only finished three books in September (not counting the theory/criticism I’ve read for uni). I’m hoping to read much more in October.
Book reviews posted:
This was a good month for me because I haven’t posted a review in month. Again, hopefully I’ll write and publish more reviews in October. The titles are linked to my reviews.
Top Ten Tuesdays:
Harry Potter Moment of the Week:
I didn’t any of these regularly in September.
Tags and Awards:
- Sunshine Blogger Award
- The Reading Habits Tag
- The Creative Blogger Award
- Keep it Fresh Award
- Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag
- The Summer Reader Book Tag
- The Real Neat Blog Award
- ‘How I Read’ Tag
- The Encouraging Thunder Award
That was quite a lot of awards and tags for just one month. They were fun to do though!
Goals for October:
- Buy more books
- Read more books
- Post at least four book reviews
- Write more personal posts
- Post at least 6 times a week
- Take part in each meme weekly instead of whenever I can be bothered.
- Sort out my TBR page
I hope everyone had a fantastic September and I hope you all enjoy October too!