Thank you to Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse for tagging me in the 3 Days, 3 Quotes challenge! I’ve done this challenge once before and I think it’s a very fun little challenge that doesn’t take up too much time.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Post a quote for 3 consecutive days (1 quote for each day).
Nominate three new bloggers each day.I’m just going to tag 3 people on day 3.
Dr. Watson’s summary list of Sherlock Holmes’s strengths and weaknesses:
1. Knowledge of Literature: Nil.
2. Knowledge of Philosophy: Nil.
3. Knowledge of Astronomy: Nil.
4. Knowledge of Politics: Feeble.
5. Knowledge of Botany: Variable. Well up in belladonna, opium, and poisons generally. Knows nothing of practical gardening.
6. Knowledge of Geology: Practical but limited. Tells at a glance different soils from each other. After walks has shown me splashes upon his trousers, and told me by their colour and consistence in what part of London he had received them.
7. Knowledge of Chemistry: Profound.
8. Knowledge of Anatomy: Accurate but unsystematic.
9. Knowledge of Sensational Literature: Immense. He appears to know every detail of every horror perpetrated in the century.
10. Plays the violin well.
11. Is an expert singlestick player, boxer, and swordsman.
12. Has a good practical knowledge of British law.
I chose this quote because it just sums up Sherlock Holmes. It’s a nice insight into how Watson views Holmes and it’s a great description of Holmes’ abilities.