Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic is: Top Ten New-To-Me Favorite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015
This one is going to be fun because I’ve read so many new authors this year…
1. Maggie Stiefvater – I read The Raven Boys in August and I absolutely loved it. I’ve fallen in love with Maggie Stiefvater’s writing (although I’m not enjoying Shiver as much as The Raven Cycle) and I can’t wait to read The Raven King when it comes out in 2016.
2. Maxine Hong Kingston – I was assigned one of her books for university and it was absolutley amazing. The Woman Warrior is one of the best books I’ve ever read. I’ve only read The Woman Warrior but I want to read her other works too.
3. Patrick Ness – The first book I read by Ness was The Rest of Us Just Live Here. I really enjoyed it but I’ve seen that people who had read his previous works didn’t enjoy it as much. I think that since I did enjoy The Rest of Us I’ll like his other books too.
4. Edmund Spenser – I can’t believe that I had never read any of Spenser’s poetry before this year. I fell in love with The Shepheardes Calender and The Faerie Queene. Spenser wrote such stunning poetry.
5. Susanna Clarke – Reading Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell has left me desperate for a sequel and I hope to read more of her books sometime soon.
6. James Dashner – The Maze Runner was one of the best books I read this year.
7. Sarah Dessen – I enjoyed The Truth About Forever but I don’t know if I’ll read any of her other books.
8. Gillian Flynn – I can’t even describe how much I love Gone Girl. I need to read her other books.
9. Ernest Hemingway – I can’t believe that I didn’t read any Hemingway before this year.
10. Ray Bradbury – I haven’t finished Fahrenheit 451 yet but I am enjoying it. It’s the first book I’ve read by Bradbury but his other work seems very interesting too.