It’s the first Tuesday of 2016 which means that this is the first Top Ten Tuesday of 2016!
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic is: Top Ten Resolutions I Have For 2016
I’ve done a few posts about my resolutions for 2016 so I’m going to make this one very specific. This post will be about the Top Ten Bookish Resolutions I Have For 2016.
1. Read at least 60 books in 2016 – This is my main goal. I managed 52 books in 2015 which surpassed my goal of 50. Hopefully I’ll be able to complete this challenge again.
2. Read 1 classic per month – I’m taking part in a challenge by Pretty Books to read more classics this year.
3. Complete the bookish challenges I have set for myself – I’ve set myself a few challenges for this year. I think the only one missing from that page is my ‘re-read challenge’ because I haven’t created a graphic for it yet. I will update that page soon.
4. Buy the books that I have missing from different series’ – I have so many missing. Most of them are Terry Pratchett books too. I am determined to buy a lot of them this year.
5. Buy more cloth bound/leather bound books – They’re just so pretty.
6. Buy more books in general
7. Post at least 2 book reviews per month – I tried this in 2015 but it just didn’t happen. I only posted 17 reviews last year and I want to post more this year. I have got a decent method for writing reviews now so hopefully I should be able to post them quicker. Ideally I’d post a review for most of the books I read in 2016 but that’s not realistic for me.
8. Clear the backlog of reviews that I have half-written from 2015 – These are reviews for Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater, Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan, and The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle.
9. Post more reviews on Goodreads – or at least post links to my reviews on here. Oh, and find more friends on Goodreads too!
10. Don’t be afraid to mark books as ‘DNF’ or ‘abandoned’ – I don’t want to just read for the sake of it. I really want to enjoy the books that I’m reading so I’m not going to waste time on books that I’m just not into.
What are your resolutions for 2016?