Okay, on to the tag…
1. Setting the Example: A pair/group of book bff’s that you love?
I love the friendship between Harry, Ron, and Hermione in the Harry Potter books.
I just had to choose this friendship. I love that they’re all the odd-one-out at some point but they still make their friendship work. They have their ups and downs but ultimately they’ll always be friends (even if Ron and Hermione are married).
2. Childhood Bestie: Which book character would you have like to grown up with?
I would have loved to have grown up with Lyra from Northern Lights.
I love the world in which Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials series is set and I would have loved to have grown up in Oxford with Lyra.
3. Frenemy: Which book character would bring out your competitive side?
Annabeth from Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief.
She’s incredibly competitive and I know that she’d bring out that side in me too. I’d just want to best her at everything. Especially Capture the Flag.
4. Fashion Guru: Who would be the bestie whose closet you’d want to raid or would you want to go on a shopping spree with?
Hmm. I’d love to raid Rebecca’s wardrobe from The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t go on a shopping spree with her. That character is not to be trusted around money or credit cards. I wouldn’t have any money left after an hour shopping with her!
5. The Bad Influence: Which character would you want to commit a small act of rebellion with? (go skinny dipping, sneak into a movie, have a drag race with, etc.)
Ronan from The Dream Thieves.
I’ve chosen his character from the second book because I wasn’t too sure about him in The Raven Boys but he is such a great character in The Dream Thieves. I’d love to go racing with him one day.
6. Blood Brothers: Which character would you want to be your surrogate big brother/sister? (You can do both if you want.)
Beatrice from Much Ado About Nothing. I love her so much. She’s so independent and quick-witted.
I love her relationship with Hero too and how strong their female bond is. So I’d definitely want Beatrice as a big sister.
7. Mother Hen: Which character would you want to be by your side when you’re having a bad day to cheer you up?
I’d want Mel from The Rest of Us Just Live Here.
I think that she’s a really great sister to Mikey and I’d love to have her around when I was feeling down. She dealt with so much in the book and I just think that she’d be great at comforting or at least taking your mind off of your bad day.
8. The Counselor: Which character would you go to for relationship advice (or) confide a secret to?
I’d confide in Blue from The Raven Boys. She lives such a strange life that I could tell her secrets and she wouldn’t find any of them weird.
Would I go to her for relationship advice though? No way. Her non-existent love life is a complete mess. I think she’d probably need my advice more than I’d need hers.
9. More than friends: Who would be your book bf/ gf (if you like both genders you can choose one of each, but only one choice per gender!)
My book boyfriend would be Gansey from The Raven Boys. I’ve never had such a crush on a book character before. I find it incredibly weird.
My book girlfriend would be Luna from the Harry Potter books. She’s so cute and interesting and I adore her character.
- Charley @ Books and Bakes
- Faith and Sarah @ Sublime Reads
- Claire @ Art and Soul
- Erika @ Erika in Bookventureland
If you don’t want to do this tag or you’ve already done it then please feel free to ignore this!