September was my first month of freedom. It was my first month of blogging regularly and I really enjoyed posting every single day. I won’t be able to do that in October since I’m away from home for two weeks but I think that posting every day is achievable for me now that I’ve actually tried it. All in all, September was fun.
This will be a long post. No doubt about that…
FREEDOM! Okay, that was dramatic but September marked my freedom from education (for babout a year) and I’ve loved every minute of it. Even if a fair amount of my time was taken up by applying for jobs and going to interviews. Anyways, here’s a run down of how my month went:
- 5th September / 6th September – I stayed at my best friend’s house. We watched films, ate a takeaway, and talked about life
- 9th September – I had my first ever phone interview. It was awful. I did get offered a group interview though so it can’t have been that bad. I was also offered a face-to-face interview for another job.
- 12th September – I had a group interview for the first job and I got the job. I turned it down after realising that their approach to health and safety was shocking.
- 13th September – I attended a career fair at my university. It has just confirmed to me that I want to do a PhD rather than look for a career at this point in my life.
- 17th September – I had the face-to-face interview for the second job… It was bloody awful. I won’t get the job and I’m happy about that.
- 24th September – I sorted out my room. I cleaned it from top to bottom. I cleared out my wardrobe and I sorted out my clothes for the holiday. I made my book cases look clean and pretty which will last about a day. I just had a really good clear out and I feel much better about things now.
- 26th September – I started a conversation with my MA dissertation supervisor about the possibility of me starting a PhD in the 2017/2018 academic year. That conversation is going really well and I should be able to start my applications by the end of October. He’s impressed with my idea but apparently I’m not meant to discuss it with anyone except my potential supervisor(s) and my family. I don’t know why. He recommended several books to me too so I’ll be reading those in the near future.
- 27th September – I had my hair cut. I had it cut fairly short (for me) because I’m going away and I hate having long hair when I’m in a warmer climate. I actually like my hair at this length. I may keep it like this rather than letting it get really long again. I also had my eyebrows ripped off (also known as waxing) because they were a complete mess and I needed them to look perfect again. Benefit Brow Bars are by far the best experiences I’ve had with eyebrow waxing. I also bought a bath bomb from Lush called Intergalactic so I expect it to make my bath look like a nebula.
- September TBR
- Review: Macbeth at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre
- Review: A Pair of Silk Stockings (Little Black Classics Edition)
- The Sunday Post #28
- Review: The Vampyre and Other Tales of the Macabre
- Review: Northanger Abbey
- Top Ten Tuesday – Favourite TV Shows of 2015 and 2016
- WWW Wednesday – 7th September 2016
- Review: Frankenstein
- Review: A Midsummer Night’s Dream at Shakespeare’s Globe
- Review: The Woman in Black
- Review: Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief
- Review: Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters
- Review: Percy Jackson and the Titan’s Curse
- The Sunday Post #29
- Review: A Slip Under the Microscope (Little Black Classic Edition)
- Top Ten Tuesday – All Time Favourite Utopian and Dystopian Books
- WWW Wednesday – 14th September 2016
- A – Z of Books I’d Like to Read
- Review: Come Close (Little Black Classic Edition)
- Review: Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth
- Review: Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian
- The Sunday Post #30
- Review: Throne of Glass
- Top Ten Tuesday – 10 Books I Want to Listen to on Audio
- WWW Wednesday – 21st September 2016
- Review: The Knife of Never Letting Go (DNF)
- Review: Eragon
- Review: Eldest
- Review: The Raven King
- The Sunday Post #31
- Review: Animal Farm
- Top Ten Tuesday – Books On My Autumn TBR List
- WWW Wednesday – 28th September 2016
- Review: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Books I’ve read:
- Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth
- Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian
- The Buried Giant
- The Shipping News
- The Valley of Fear
- King Rat
- Tipping the Velvet
- Les Mis
- The House of Hades
- Robinson Crusoe
- The Blood of Olympus
- The Tell-Tale Heart
Total: 12 books
- I read 3 Classic books this month
- I read Les Miserables for my Prompt Challenge
- ‘When Are You Reading? Challenge’
Continue job hunting Complete my book challenges for this month Post at least 4 book reviews Stick to the ‘Read 3, Buy 1’ rule(I didn’t actually buy any books this month)
- Pack for Florida (I’ve left this a bit late since we leave for Manchester on the 2nd)
- Enjoy Florida
- Buy lots of stuff in Florida
- Complete my book challenges for this month
- Post at least 4 book reviews
- Stick to the ‘Read 3, Buy 1’ rule
- Continue job hunting
- Start my PhD application
I hope everyone had a wonderful month!