The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
This post is an opportunity to recap the past week on my blog and in my personal life. It’s also a chance to set up some goals for the upcoming week and talk about anything else that I want to talk about.
See the rules here.
I’ve spent most of the week at home reading. However, on Thursday I attended a lecture on Thomas Hobbes’ Latin poem De Mirabilis Pecci, Being the Wonders of the Peak in Darby-shire. It’s about the seven wonders of the Peak District and it was an incredibly interesting lecture. I really enjoyed it. I picked up my dissertation mark too on Thursday. I got a 67 (which is a merit) so I’ve definitely got a Merit overall. Yay!
I also went to see Bastille on Friday night. I spent the day with my best friend in Leeds before the gig too. Bastille were amazing.
Books I’ve read:
- The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells
- The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
This week’s posts:
- Book Review: Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- October 2016 Recap
- November 2016 TBR
- Top Ten Tuesday – Ten Books to Read If Your Book Club Likes Science Fiction Novels
- WWW Wednesday – 2nd November 2016
- Book Review – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling
Last week’s to-do list:
- Post a book review for The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Post a book review for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Post a book review for Brave New World Write a book review for Ulysses Write a book review for Dark Places Continue drafting my PhD proposal
This week’s to-do list:
- Read the two ARCs that I’ve been approved for
- Post a book review for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
- Contact lecturers about references for my PhD application
- Contact my supervisor about several aspects of my proposal that are annoying me
Have a great day everyone!