Happy New Year everyone!
So, 2017 is now upon us and I’ve spent the last few days sorting out some realistic goals for this year. 2016 was an odd year but it’s in the past now and I really want to focus on the future.
I did a quick recap of my 2016 goals a few days ago which you can read here but now it’s time to think about the year ahead…
- Start my PhD – I’m currently applying for both my place and funding so hopefully this will happen
- Take my camera out more often. I’d like more photos of my friends and family as well as any special places I visit.
- Go to the cinema on average once a month (and maybe write some film reviews)
- Spend more time with my friends
- Eat healthily
- Learn how to cook new recipes
- Blog at least 4 times per week and include a variety of bookish/literature posts. (Not just memes!)
- Save money
- Read an equal amount of books by male and female authors (50 each)
- Read more ‘classic’ books by women.
- Read more new releases
- Read at least one Discworld novel every month (except in March)
- Read at least one Jack Reacher novel every month (except March)
- Dedicate March to female writers since it’s Women’s History Month
- Write more reviews
- Write more ARC reviews
- Read 100 books this year
This is a big jump from last year but I’m sure that I can make it happen. Last year I restricted my reading choices so much by having set TBRs and I think it hindered my reading somewhat. So this year I’m not going to do that. I’m still going to have monthly TBRs but they’ll be smaller which means that I can be more flexible with my reading.
What are your goals for 2017?
If you have any recommendations for classics written by women then I’d love to hear them!