I’m so glad that December is finally over. What a month. The last month of the year. The last month of the decade depending on who you’re asking. I can’t believe this decade is over. Please stand by while I have a small crisis.
I accidentally blogged every day in December except Christmas Day. I’m not sure how that happened. It wasn’t intentional but I did enjoy it so I’m going to try and keep it up for a while. I’m not sure how long but hopefully I’ll get a schedule together soon.
In terms of my real life, I voted in a(nother) general election. I’m so tired of UK politics. I just wish that it would all collapse so that we could start again in a new way. Preferably without any of the major political parties or any of the MPs that are currently sitting in Parliament. Anyone up for a revolution? Anyways, at least Christmas was nice. I spent time with family and ate a lot of good food and drank too much prosecco. I am now addicted to my Nintendo Switch and there’s a good chance it will distract me from my PhD, especially when Animal Crossing is finally released. Oops.
I read a lot of short books this month because I was tired and honestly couldn’t be bothered to put the effort into reading long novels. I loved the Poetic Edda and Hogfather was the perfect Christmas-time read.
Pokemon Shield – For the final week of 2019, I was glued to Pokemon Shield. I love that the new region is based on Britain, even down to the teacup Pokemon (I named the one I caught ‘Earl Grey’), and I really enjoyed the game itself.
SUGA’s Interlude by Halsey and SUGA – I mentioned this particular song in my 2019 favourites but it was released earlier this month so I’m including it here too! I just love everything about it, from Halsey’s beautiful voice to SUGA’s emotive verses.
Books I’ve Read:
- Poetic Edda
- The Lifted Veil by George Eliot (Penguin Little Black Classic)
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
- The Burning Maze by Rick Riordan
- The Fall of Icarus by Ovid (Penguin Little Black Classic)
- Circe and the Cyclops by Homer (Penguin Little Black Classic)
- Hogfather by Terry Pratchett
- Dreamland by Nancy
- The Perfect Kill by Helen Fields
- The Road Through the Wall by Shirley Jackson
Total: 10 books
- December 2019 TBR
- Top Ten Tuesday: Holiday Reads
- Book Review: The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan
- Book Review: The Complete Stories of Flannery O’Connor (Pt 1)
- Literary Locations: Five Literary Things to do in the Lake District
- Shakespeare Saturdays: Hamlet
- The Sunday Post #128
- Book Review: The Secret Commonwealth by Philip Pullman
- Top Ten Tuesday: Favourite Adaptations
- Book Review: The Odyssey by Homer (Translated by Emily Wilson)
- Book Review: The Complete Stories of Flannery O’Connor (Pt 2)
- Visiting the Lake District: Black Combe
- Book Review: The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry
- The Sunday Post #129
- Classics Club Spin #22
- Top Ten Tuesday: Winter TBR
- Book Review: The Plague by Albert Camus
- Book Review: Complete Stories of Flannery O’Connor (Pt 3)
- Visiting the Lake District: Silecroft Beach
- Shakespeare Saturdays: Winter Quotes
- The Sunday Post #130
- Japanese Literature Challenge
- #CCSpin 22 Reveal – Which Book Will I Be Reading?
- Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Hope to Find Under My Tree
- Book Review: The Complete Stories of Flannery O’Connor (Final Part)
- Book Review: The Complete Poems of Emily Dickinson
- Book Review: Hogfather by Terry Pratchett
- The Sunday Post #131
- 2019 Favourites
- Top Ten Tuesday: Best Books of 2019
I hope everyone has a wonderful final day of 2019 and a very happy start to 2020!
This post does not contain affiliate links.