I haven’t done a book tag in a while but a couple of weeks ago I tagged by Mani @ Mani’s Book Corner to do the Finished Books Tag. Thank you for tagging me!
1. Do you keep a list of the books you have read?
I used Goodreads to track which books I’ve read. I’m trying out The StoryGraph too but I keep forgetting to update it!
2. If you record statistics, what statistics do you record?
I have a spreadsheet where I track a few things about the books I read:
- Whether the book is part of a series (and which number in the series it is)
- Number of pages
- Classic vs Contemporary
- Original language
- Original publication date
3. Do you give star ratings for books and if so, what do you score books out of and how do you come about this score?
I don’t use a rating system anymore! I feel like it’s just easier to say if I’d recommend the book and to who.
4. Do you review books?
I do. Well, I try to. Sometimes it takes me months to review a book but I do get around to it eventually. I don’t review books I’ve abandoned though because that just isn’t fair to the book.
5. Where do you put your finished books?
I just put them back on my bookshelves because my books are arranged by author. If I didn’t enjoy a book then I’ll put it in a box so that I can take it to a charity shop.
6. Do you have any other rituals for when you have finished a book?
I don’t think I do. I just close the book, dwell on it for the rest of the day, and then (hopefully) start a new book the day after.
I’m not going to tag anyone specifically but if you want to do this tag then I am tagging you!