It’s time for another Classics Club Spin! I finished my book for spin #25 and I’ve read a few books from my list since then so I’m optimistic about this spin too. The rules are:
- Go to your blog.
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club List.
- Post that list, numbered from one to twenty, on your blog before Sunday the 18th of April.
- The Classics Club will announce a number from 1-20 on the 18th of April.
- Read that book by the 31st of May 2021.
I haven’t put any long books (i.e. Bleak House) on this list because I just don’t have time to read them during this spin. I almost always get long books when I include them so I’m not risking it this time.
10 books by men, 10 books by women, zero long books…
- On the Soul by Aristotle (c.350 BC)
- Pericles, Prince of Tyre by William Shakespeare (c.1607)
- Leviathan by Thomas Hobbes (1651)
- The Rover by Aphra Behn (1677)
- Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe (1722)
- A Simple Story by Elizabeth Inchbald (1791)
- Justine, or The Misfortunes of Virtue by Marquis de Sade (1791)
- Corinne, ou l’Italie by Madame de Staël (1807)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (1813)
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (1847)
- London Labour and the London Poor by Henry Mayhew (1851)
- East Lynne by Ellen Wood (1861)
- Lady Audley’s Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon (1862)
- The Great God Pan by Arthur Machen (1894)
- Resurrection by Leo Tolstoy (1899)
- Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton (1911)
- The Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle (1912)
- The Trial by Franz Kafka (1915)
- The Garden Party by Katherine Mansfield (1922)
- A Handful of Dust by Evelyn Waugh (1934)
Have you read any of these? Which book would you prefer to get in the spin?
This post does not contain affiliate links.