Last year, I took part in Cathy @746 Books’ 20 Books of Summer and I’m doing it again this year! I only chose 10 books last year but I’m challenging myself to 20 this time because I’ve been in a bit of a reading slump and I need some motivation.
The challenge starts on the 1st of June and runs until the end of August. You can swap books in and out as you please (which I may make use of this year) and you can drop your goal at any time.
Anyways, on to the list…
- Assassin’s Quest by Robin Hobb
- The Outlaws Scarlett and Browne by Jonathan Stroud
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish by Douglas Adams
- The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
- When We Cease to Understand the World by Benjamín Labatut
- Traveller of the Century by Andrés Neuman
- In the Woods by Tana French
- The Story of a New Name by Elena Ferrante
- Different Class by Joanne Harris
- The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa
- Embers by Sandor Marai
- A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin
- The Romance of the Three Kingdoms by Luo Guanzhong
- The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton
- Sourcery by Terry Pratchett
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
- The Other Name by Jon Fosse (Septology I-II)
- The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Le Roman de Silence tr. Sarah Roche-Mahdi
- The Warden by Anthony Trollope
These are all books that I own (except Roman de Silence but I have a library copy) so I have no excuse! I’m not sure which I’m going to start with but I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone’s posts and reading some great books over the summer months.